Thank you for your help.  I appreciate it!  I've put a couple of questions
inline below.

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Kevin Custer <kug...@kuggie.com> wrote:

>    Michael Cox wrote:
>
> I justed purchased a GE MAST II UHF repeater that has a 450-460 split
>
> (see it at
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230415711221&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
> )
>

> I need to get a power adapter, a CWID,
>
> You mean a Power Amplifier or simply called a PA.

You're right.  Thx.

>   For a CWID, I recommend a real repeater controller.
>

>  and, depening on the price, a duplexer.
>
> Well - you'll need a duplexer no mater the price...   <grin>

I was under the impression that if I had two antennas, I could get by
without a duplexer.  Thanks for the heads up.

>    I'd like to modify this to use on either a GMRS repeater or a 40cm ham
> band.  This will be my first repeater.
>
> I think you meant 70 cm ham band...  Modification is easy, as no RF mods
> need made for either use.  You just need to make it duplex.  Information on
> www.mastr2.com will help you there.

Yes, I did mean 70 cm.  :)

> I'm assuming that I could get this
> http://www.repeater-builder.com/products/ampbd.html for the power adapter.
>

> You could, but I'd just buy the right PA.  They are on eBay all the time.
> <http://cgi.ebay.com/GE-Ericsson-VHF-Mastr-II-Master-Repeater-100watt-amp_W0QQitemZ260529220211QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ2_Way_Radios_FRS?hash=item3ca8c06a73>

Are these what I'm looking for?  It looks liek there is a UHF and a VHF
version of the PA.  Is that correct?  Are they not compatible with each
other?

http://cgi.ebay.com/GE-Ma-COM-100-watt-amplifier-20-watt-input-MASTR-II_W0QQitemZ200422213614QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ2_Way_Radios_FRS?hash=item2eaa1847ee

http://cgi.ebay.com/GE-MASTR-II-100-WATT-AMPLIFIER-VHF_W0QQitemZ140370861181QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20aec15c7d

http://cgi.ebay.com/GE-Ericsson-Mastr-II-Repeater-Cabinet-Console-45W-PA_W0QQitemZ300382163124QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ2_Way_Radios_FRS?hash=item45f02c10b4

>  Do you have any recommendations for the duplexer and CWID?
>

> Duplexer - used WACOM Products WP-678 (or similar), also available from
> eBay.

I couldn't find any on eBay.   Any guesses what I'd be paying for something
like this?

> Controller - I recommend a NHRC model that plugs into the "Systems" board,
> or, one of the Pion & Simon models that plug into the card cage.
>
> http://www.nhrc.net/ge-stuff.php
> http://www.pionsimon.com/products.htm

It looks like I can use the NHRC-4/M2 to make it a linked repeater.  If I go
with the Ham repeater, I'll most likely do that.  That would require, if I
understand correctly, another radio connected in, so that will have to be
done later with future funds. :)

If I decide to make it a GMRS repeater, I won't have to worry about that and
will go with the PSE508-2, as its a little less expensive.

> Good luck,
> Kevin Custer

Michael H. Cox
michaelh...@gmail.com