Michael Cox wrote:

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it! I've put a couple of questions inline below.

    Well - you'll need a duplexer no mater the price...   <grin>

I was under the impression that if I had two antennas, I could get by without a duplexer. Thanks for the heads up.

While two antennas will work, and you'd initially think there is a cost savings using two antennas, that isn't always the case.

The determining factor usually ends up being the length and size of feed-line necessary to get from the repeater to the antenna. On UHF, unless the feed-line length is really short, you'll want to use some type of hard-line cable. The cost of this cable, depending on type and length, can be costly. It may be less costly to use one antenna and a duplexer then to install two antennas and have two runs of feed-line. In addition, you'll usually end up with a better balanced system using one antenna because using two can cause a disparity if both antennas don't have the exact same pattern - which could be difficult to achieve depending on the tower space available. In installations where you have to pay rent on tower space - it's usually by far cheaper to purchase a duplexer.
RE: Power Amplifier

Are these what I'm looking for?

Generically - Yes.

It looks like there is a UHF and a VHF version of the PA. Is that correct?

Yes.
  Are they not compatible with each other?

No. VHF and UHF are two totally different bands. You cannot use a UHF PA on a VHF repeater and vice-versa. The third one you listed is a Mobile PA - not something you'll want. You want a UHF Station PA like the second one you listed - but it isn't the exact one either. The one you want requires 200 mW of drive - not 20 watts - but, the correct one looks very similar to the one in your number two listing.

I don't presently see a good candidate on eBay - but they show up all the time.

    Duplexer - used WACOM Products WP-678 (or similar), also available
    from eBay.

I couldn't find any on eBay. Any guesses what I'd be paying for something like this?

$250 plus shipping.

    Controller - I recommend a NHRC model that plugs into the
    "Systems" board, or, one of the Pion & Simon models that plug into
    the card cage.

    http://www.nhrc.net/ge-stuff.php
    http://www.pionsimon.com/products.htm

It looks like I can use the NHRC-4/M2 to make it a linked repeater. If I go with the Ham repeater, I'll most likely do that. That would require, if I understand correctly, another radio connected in, so that will have to be done later with future funds. :)

Correct.
If I decide to make it a GMRS repeater, I won't have to worry about that and will go with the PSE508-2, as its a little less expensive.

Also a good choice.

Kevin