Well, at the output side of the duplexer that is what is happening already.
The cables are a quarter wave length. The one from the transmit cans (to the
antenna port) is a quarter wave length at the receive frequency and the one
from the receive can (to the antenna port) is a quarter wave length at the
transmit frequency.

Since the receive can is tuned to the receive frequency, its output loop
presents a short circuit to the transmit frequency. And since the cable
going from that loop to the antenna T is a quarter wave length "at the
transmit frequency" that short at the loop is seen as a very high impedance
to the transmit frequency at the antenna T.
The same thing happens on the transmit side of the affair but on the other
frequency. That's how you get separation between the transmitter and
receiver at the T junction.

However, what Jeff was talking about was the cable between the TRANSMITTER
and the duplexer input. His comment was "tongue in cheek" to make his point
about the antenna.
That cable in most cases can be any random length.
There are times when a selected length will help the transmitter with the
load that it sees due to out of band impedances that get presented to it.
But you can not say that a certain length will be called for.

73
Gary  K4FMX