From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of N1BUG
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 2:30 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Micor PL encoder
modification (TLN5731A)

Leroy A. M. Baptiste wrote:
> I have a question for the group. What is reverse
> burst? And when is it used? Motorola radios.

Leroy,

I'm sure others can explain it better, but...

Reverse burst was / is used by Motorola and others
to eliminate
"squelch crashes" at the receiving end of a comm
circuit. It works
like this: after a transmission, the transmitter
stays keyed
momentarily, during which time an out-of-phase
version of the PL
tone is transmitted. This out-of-phase tone causes
the tone decoder
at the receive end to shut off audio before the
transmitter carrier
disappears.

Someone will correct my errors here :)

This might help: