From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Richard Kelly
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 9:19 PM
To: repeater-builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Wacom WP-639 Duplexer question

Good evening Eric,

Maybe this is why when the trasmit power is dropped to the 20-50 watt range,
the receive opens way up like it should.  However, according to the spec
sheets regarding the Wacom SP-639 Duplexer, it is rated for 200 watts.  So,
again, not sure what's going on.  We will be trying other things such as
adding a second ground rod outside the shack instead of the single one we
use now.  We will also try isolating the amp some more and replacing the
coax feed line with hard line.  Thank you very much.  We will be contacting
Wacom directly tomorrow.

Rich Kelly, W2RRK

> To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
> From: wb6...@verizon.net
> Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 18:10:44 -0700
> Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Wacom WP-639 Duplexer question
>
> I'm not surprised- you're asking too much of a duplexer that has four 5"
> cans. According to my CommShop program, a duplexer with an 80 dB spec is
> more suitable with transmitter power in the 10-15 watt range, assuming a
> solid-state PA and a receiver sensitivity around 0.35 uV at 12 dB SINAD.
On