From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wed Sep 08 23:08:38 2010
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Wacom WP-639 Duplexer question

The PLL exciter is why you're having such good success running a 4-cavity
duplexer. If you had a PM exciter, chances are you'd be experiencing
desense. The PLL exciter produces about 22 dB less noise at 600 kHz offset,
reducing the noise supression requirement of the duplexer by a like amount.

See: http://www.repeater-builder.com/pdf/GE_Isolation_Curves.pdf

The OP also mentioned he was using a preamp - that's not helping his
situation either. Even with a good receiver he's probably on the edge of
crunching it with only a 4-pack. Personally, I'd never run a preamp with
nothing but a 4-cavity duplexer on 2m, but if it works for you, God bless...

A Q202G gives more isolation than a WP639 from what I've seen/measured, in
part because the cavities are larger diameter (I think they're 7" versus
5"?).

--- Jeff WN3A