On Tue, 9 Mar 2021 13:17:31 +0000 (UTC)
m d <mdreplican...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  OK, so the method which Andres has described did not fix this
> specific phone but it has somehow worked to unbrick another one which
> had a different issue. At least now I've one replicant phone that's
> working. I'd like to try and work things out with the logs etc...

> Also the instruction to backup the efs partition have not yielded a
> usable efs image as far as I'm concerned.
To yield an usable image they need to be done before the EFS gets
corrupted.

For the GT-I9300, the EFS partition is mounted in /efs and the
following files contain the modem data:
+-----------------------+---------------------------------------------+
| Files paths           | Content                                     |
+-----------------------+---------------------------------------------+
| /efs/nv_data.bin      | It contains the modem data                  |
| /efs/nv_data.bin.md5  | It contains a checksum of the file above    |
| /efs/.nv_data.bak     | It contains a backup of nv_data.bin         |
| /efs/.nv_data.bak.md5 | It contains a checksum of the file above    |
+-----------------------+---------------------------------------------+

Before experimenting with it, it would be better to have a backup (you
probably now do have one) and to post some logs here.

The nv-data-md5 tool from libsamsung-ipc is able to compute the
custom md5 that is expected to be in nv_data.bin.md5.

Unfortunately we didn't ship it yet in Replicant 6 images. Patches to
ship more debug tools are welcome.

> Is it better to open a new thread for these issues or shall we
> carry on with this one? md
Either work fine for me.

Denis.