The link to choosealicense is already now fixed to be the Codeberg docs (which are currently excellent).

The link to licenses.txt was broken and is fixed in the code. https://codeberg.org/assets/js/licenses.txt was wrong, and https://codeberg.org/assets/licenses.txt is correct.

Is there a chance that the simple fix to the licenses URL link will address issues with LibreJS?

On 2024-01-09 8:30, Jing Luo wrote:
On 2024-01-07 13:31, Richard Stallman wrote:
[...]

  > Suggestions on how to improve librejs to make site administrators life
  > easier to comply are welcome :)

All else being equal, we would like to make it easier -- but not by
eviscerating the checking it is supposed to do.

In CodeBerg's case, I still think it could take years for it to be libreJS compliant. I expect upstream Gitea completely to ignore the libreJS issue, because not only that stale ticket [1] was opened in 2020, Gitea was taken over by a company and gone very commercial in 2022. IMHO Gitea cannot be trusted to free our software, so that's why we have Forgejo->Codeberg.

The dropdown list of many licences with some nonfree, and the problematic "choose license" link, together with libreJS issue have bothered me. For my self-hosted forgejo instance, I'm considering a fork, to patch all of these, to insert correct licensing info into all js files, but it could take months, and I will have to learn Go language and deb packaging. Then if I submit my patch to Codeberg, they may accept it, so the whole process could take a year or so. What does it mean for your repo evaluation? Or, do you make exception for Codeberg for C0.0 and B0? Or, do you consider changing C0.0?

Thu,  4 Jan 2024 18:51:17 +0900 (JST) From: Jing Luo <jing@jing.rocks>
====
[...] changing the criteria C0.0 to something like "the javascript should be free but it doesn't have to be librejs compliant"?
====

[1] https://github.com/go-gitea/gitea/issues/13393