Hi John,

> Hey, if it works, I'm not going to argue with it. (although this
> doesn't absolve Dantz of the responsibility to fix this) So
> question...how hard is it to restore the registry ? Does it work
> similarly to the Retrospect system?

I'm not sure I understand your question. I assume you're asking
about using MS Backup to backup/restore the registry (if it's
Retrospect for Win, how can it work differently from "the REtrospect
system"?).

Well, it's simply either way. With MS Backup (which should be
installed by default), you just select "System State" as the source
(to be backed up), chose "File" as destination, and de-select the
"Automatically backup System Protected Files with the System State"
in the Advanced options. This way only registry, COM+ Class
registration etc. would be backed up.

Then when restoring, you just restore the System State, and the
registry would be back. Of course, you should backup the .bkf files
MS BAckup creates.

--
Best regards,
Ming-Li