I'm not sure, but I might be having the same site media problem. I'm
familiar with django, but not the way djiblets does the database
settings stuff.

Basically, the MEDIA_URL isn't being set at all. I've tried setting it
through the admin interface, but what I'd think would be the correct
value of "/media/" (no quotes) throws up an "Enter a valid URL." error
when I try and save it. All of the media is attempting to be pulled
from urls like http://media/djblets/js/jquery-1.2.6.min.js or
http://media/rb/css/admin.css

I tried setting a MEDIA_URL in my settings_local, but it looks like
it's over-ridden in settings.py anyway (and possible through whatever
the djiblets stuff does that I don't fully understand). The more
confusing part is that I can't get any value to stick in the media url
field  with the description-

> Media URL:

> The URL to the media files. Leave blank to use the default media path on this
> server.

I've tried: /, /media/, http://test.reviews/media/, /media and leaving
it blank and I always get the "Enter a valid URL" message (which is
placed above the Server field in reality, so maybe I'm just
misunderstanding, but I can't get any valid values for that either).

Also, the default value for Media URL when I load
http://test.reviews/admin/settings/general/ is "//media/' despite the
fact that I can't even resubmit the form to keep it as //media/

I'm using the easy_install with 1.0alpha2.dev_20090121

And yes, my media works fine if I just access it via something like
http://test.reviews/media/djiblets

Any suggestions?

thanks
-wes