Hi Stephen,

The following AVC denied errors occur:

1) named_connect to port 11211 (memcached)
type=AVC msg=audit(1357289094.993:338): avc:  denied  { name_connect } for
pid=1668 comm="httpd" dest=11211 scontext=system_u:system_r:httpd_t:s0
tcontext=system_u:object_r:memcache_port_t:s0 tclass=tcp_socket

Reviewboard 1.7.1 by default uses memcached, it seems like the SELinux profile
for httpd doesn't allow TCP connections to port 11211.  This failure does not
prevent reviewboard from working, but is likely to affect performance.  Should
the profile shipped with Fedora be extended to allow these connections by
default?

[Unix permissions]
Reviewboard initially detects that write permission is not available and
returns a web page instructing the user to grant write permission with these
commands:
$ sudo chown -R apache "/var/www/reviewboard/data"
$ sudo chown -R apache "/var/www/reviewboard/htdocs/media/ext"

Once the permissions are changed, SELinux still prevents write access.

2) write to ext directory
type=AVC msg=audit(1357289565.991:401): avc:  denied  { write } for  pid=1665
comm="httpd" name="ext" dev="dm-1" ino=1896
scontext=system_u:system_r:httpd_t:s0
tcontext=unconfined_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t:s0 tclass=dir

SELinux context is currently:

$ ls -ldZ /var/www/reviewboard/htdocs/media/ext/
drwxrwxr-x. apache pafee unconfined_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t:s0
/var/www/reviewboard/htdocs/media/ext/

Suggestion from SELinux Trouble shooter fixed this issue:
$ sudo restorecon -v /var/www/reviewboard/htdocs/media/ext
$ ls -ldZ /var/www/reviewboard/htdocs/media/ext/
drwxrwxr-x. apache pafee unconfined_u:object_r:httpd_sys_rw_content_t:s0
/var/www/reviewboard/htdocs/media/ext/

I agree it would be difficult for Fedora to predict where a reviewboard site
would be placed.  Would it be possible for "rb-site install" to set the SELinux
security contexts of the files it creates?

Thanks,
Paul