On Tuesday, September 23, 2014 1:11:18 PM UTC-5, Christian Hammond wrote:

> Hi Sara,
>
> There are several things here that I am very confused about:
>
> 1) Can you clarify which part is new since 2.0.7? The subject says 2.0.6.

That is weird. I wasn't the original poster. We have only seen the bug
since updating to 2.0.7. I know this because we have a request with
non-unicode contents that was uploaded before I updated, without problems.
Trying to reuse the same patch for an additional review request triggered
the same unicode error we saw previously.

> 2) How are you changing the submitter on a review request? We don't have
> any support for this, without modifying the database.
>
> We are in fact modifying the database via the admin tab.

> 3) The original bug report seemed to have to do with JavaScript errors on
> uploading diffs, but now it sounds like it's other fields as well?
>
> We haven't been able to come up with any working repro case for a diff
> causing a hang. If that's the true cause of your hangs, we're definitely
> going to need source files and patch files that consistently reproduce this
> for our own testing.

I will try to provide a broken diff.

> Can you also answer a few more questions:
>
> 1) Is this still only happening with Firefox?

Yes