I wish I knew what this was. We've had three developers run into this bug
today alone. It's becoming a real problem for us. More answers to your
questions inline below.
Sara

On Tuesday, September 23, 2014 2:08:28 PM UTC-5, Christian Hammond wrote:

> Hi Sara,
>

> On September 23, 2014 at 11:39:53 AM, Sara Rayburn (sarar...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>) wrote:
> > On Tuesday, September 23, 2014 1:11:18 PM UTC-5, Christian Hammond
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Sara,
> > >
> > > There are several things here that I am very confused about:
> > >
> > > 1) Can you clarify which part is new since 2.0.7? The subject says
> 2.0.6.
> > >

> > That is weird. I wasn't the original poster. We have only seen the bug
> > since updating to 2.0.7. I know this because we have a request with
> > non-unicode contents that was uploaded before I updated, without
> problems.
> > Trying to reuse the same patch for an additional review request
> triggered
> > the same unicode error we saw previously.
>
> On September 9th, you posted saying "I am having a similar problem after
> upgrading to 2.0.6." We didn't have a 2.0.7 release until the 15th.
>

> Good point. I guess it's a problem since before that.

> > > 1) Is this still only happening with Firefox?
> > >
> > Yes
> >

> > > 2) What version of Firefox?
> > >
> > > 30
>
> Does 33 work? I haven't had any issues with any recent version...
>

> Tried in most recent Firefox (35), issue remains.

> > > 4) If MySQL, are the tables set for Unicode?
> > >
> > > The tables are a mix of latin1 and utf8. Perhaps this is the problem?
>
> This is likely to be the cause of at least some of your problems. You'll
> need to make sure they're all in utf8, otherwise there will be issues even
> populating the database with non-latin1 text. This can break us in numerous
> ways.
>
> I made sure the database encodings were utf8 and even set the encoding for
the repository in question to utf8 in the admin repo settings for
reviewboard. I added utf8 as the charset in settings_local.py. All of these
changes later, I still have the problem.