Michael Smith has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24976 )

Change subject: IMPALA-15463: Use Kudu live row count stats
......................................................................


Patch Set 5:

(2 comments)

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24976/4/fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/planner/KuduScanNode.java
File fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/planner/KuduScanNode.java:

PS4:
> BTW, recently per-tablet stats have been added in Kudu: http://gerrit.cloud
In theory it could be used for scheduling scans to balance them out. I don't 
know if we have the mechanisms to support that yet.


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24976/4/testdata/workloads/functional-query/queries/QueryTest/kudu_stats.test
File testdata/workloads/functional-query/queries/QueryTest/kudu_stats.test:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24976/4/testdata/workloads/functional-query/queries/QueryTest/kudu_stats.test@24
PS4, Line 24: # Kudu takes time to commit the rows and update its live row 
count.
            : select sleep(1000);
> nit: I guess the required duration of the time interval depends on the TS--
That was the point of the RETRY=10, it'll try 10 times until stats are updated. 
We set raft_heartbeat_interval_ms=3000, but leave heartbeat_interval_ms at 1000.

In slow (ASAN/UBSAN) environments, it could take longer; I could use a single 
sleep(2000), but I've run into places where it's nice to have the retry in 
other places (not yet pushed to Gerrit) as well.



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24976
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: I17d806fa9f849bb66fac5dfb500f83fc6d115b58
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24976
Gerrit-PatchSet: 5
Gerrit-Owner: Michael Smith <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Alexey Serbin <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: David Rorke <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Michael Smith <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Wenzhe Zhou <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Zoltan Borok-Nagy <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2026 15:22:08 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to