Michael Smith has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24976 )

Change subject: IMPALA-15463: Use Kudu live row count stats
......................................................................


Patch Set 8:

(2 comments)

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24976/8/testdata/workloads/functional-query/queries/QueryTest/kudu_stats.test
File testdata/workloads/functional-query/queries/QueryTest/kudu_stats.test:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24976/8/testdata/workloads/functional-query/queries/QueryTest/kudu_stats.test@27
PS8, Line 27: ---- RESULTS: RETRY=10
> Can we go simply by a higher wait that comfortable for our test machines? I
Planner tests are sequential. I can increase the timeout, maybe 3s would be 
enough to be reliable, but in most cases that's probably 2s slower than it 
needs to be.


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24976/8/tests/common/impala_test_suite.py
File tests/common/impala_test_suite.py:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24976/8/tests/common/impala_test_suite.py@1086
PS8, Line 1086:             remaining = test_section['RETRY'] if 'RETRY' in 
test_section else 1
> I think this opens Pandora's box, this will be an easy way out for a lot of
I could break this out as a separate change. I've been inlining sleep in the 
query, but that isn't entirely intuitive.



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24976
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: I17d806fa9f849bb66fac5dfb500f83fc6d115b58
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24976
Gerrit-PatchSet: 8
Gerrit-Owner: Michael Smith <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Abhishek Chennaka <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Alexey Serbin <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: David Rorke <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Michael Smith <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Peter Rozsa <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Wenzhe Zhou <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Zoltan Borok-Nagy <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2026 23:08:25 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to