I have a system that will take a i586 kernel, but since the kernel SPEC
file   has a problem, it won't build me one. I don't know the SPEC file
format enough to fix it. Yeah, nptl-devel is from glibc, got myself mixed
up. On this system, it says something to the affect that the system is not
supported (right before it shows the package selection), the log screen
shows that it could not find the kernel, kernel-(various others), and
nptl-devel. I guess it's looking for those missing architecture RPMs. This
system will use i586 or i386 RPMs, but not i686 (only architecture so far
that seems to build all needed packages by default). Trying the "--with up
..." fix right now, I guess I'll have to do something similar with glibc
to get the needed nptl-devel package.

- Kris Jordan -

>> The kernel-2... SRPM only seems to fully build as --target i686. A
>> normal
>> build (i386), creates several RPMs, but misses
>> kernel-2.4.21-4.EL.i386.rpm, and nptl-devel, and maybe others, I'm only
>> interested in these two.
>
> ntpl-devel package is one from glibc SRPM targets not kernel SRPM.
>
> from kernel-2.4.spec:
> %ifarch i386
> %define buildsmp 0
> %define buildup  0
> %endif
>
> So, RH decides not to bother with building i386 kernels.
> You can build it, but why ?
>

>> Also, --target i586 seems broken, I see i586 in vaious places in the
>> SPEC
>> file, but it says that it won't build as that target. 3WS does not come
>> with i586 RPMs, so I guess RH no longer bothers building i586 kernel
>> RPMs.
>>
>> - Kris Jordan -
>> rhel-rebuild mailing list
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Hosted at the University of Innsbruck, Austria
>
> --
> Regards,
>
>   Igor Poteryaev

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Hosted at the University of Innsbruck, Austria

rhel-rebuild mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hosted at the University of Innsbruck, Austria
  • ... Kris Jordan
    • ... Venkatesh. K
    • ... Потеряев И.Е.
    • ... Kris Jordan