I'll do that if

rpmbuild --target i386 --with up --with smp --without BOOT --without debug
<spec file>

provided by Venkatesh. K

does not work. Already tried two similar commands w/o luck, on my last try
right now, it should finish real soon now.

Thanks

- Kris Jordan -

>> I have a system that will take a i586 kernel, but since the kernel SPEC
>> file   has a problem, it won't build me one. I don't know the SPEC file
>> format enough to fix it.
>>
>> - Kris Jordan -
>>

> 1. Extract kernel-2.4.spec from kernel SRPM to /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
>
> 2. Find this text:
>
> %ifarch i386
> %define buildsmp 0
> %define buildup  0
> %endif
>
> Edit it to
>
> %ifarch i386
> %define buildsmp 1
> %define buildup  1
> %endif
>
> 3. extract all other files from kernel SRPM to /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
>
> 4. cd to /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
> 5. run
>    rpmbuild -ba kernel-2.4.spec
>
> --
>  Regards,
>    Igor Poteryaev

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Hosted at the University of Innsbruck, Austria

rhel-rebuild mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hosted at the University of Innsbruck, Austria
  • ... Kris Jordan
    • ... Venkatesh. K
    • ... Потеряев И.Е.
    • ... Kris Jordan