I forgot to mention that I'm trying to build 3AS at the beginning of the
thread, I did mention the kernel was 2.4.21 though.

I have successfully installed a rebuilt 3AS on a P3 1GHZ system, which
used i686 packages where possible, kernel, glibc, and openssl. This is now
my current build host.

The 2nd computer I'm trying to install to is a K6 III, which 3AS wants to
install either i586 or i386 packages, but since the kernel won't build as
either of those architectures, I got stuck during the install with a
"Unsupport system type error", something to that affect. On the log
screen, alt+f3, it showed that the kernel was missing. This machine
doesn't have to be RHEL3AS based, I could install Debian on this one, but
we would like as many machines as possible to be the same distribution
(I'm more used to Red Hat and I have a set of scripts based around apt4rpm
to make updating and installing RPMs easy).

Thanks for the tips.

- Kris Jordan -

> I have sucessfuly built kernel-2.4.9-e.27.src.rpm from updates and have
> been
> able to make few test installations.
>
> My build system was RHL 7.2 fully updated.
>
> Venkatesh K

rhel-rebuild mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hosted at the University of Innsbruck, Austria
  • ... Kris Jordan
    • ... Venkatesh. K
    • ... Потеряев И.Е.
    • ... Kris Jordan