It has been quiet here.   I was hoping this list would produce the
definitive HOWTO for rebuilding RHEL, rather than another distro.

I've had success on my rebuilds following the whitebox docs, and looking
through some of the scripts in taolinux.   And the lack of discussion
here makes me think others are succeeding as well.  Is there interest in
writing a common howto?

I have a list of rpms I think is minimal (mostly -devel's) that are
required to turn RHEL into a buildhost and some anecdotes on certain
builds (emacs links to Xaw instead of Xaw3d if built as non-root, at
requires /usr/sbin in the builders PATH, etc.)  However, some of the
process is  a black box to me, particularly the last mile( I haven't
made iso's), So I'd rather to contribute to a HOWTO than author one...

dave