Thanks.   I do  have mixed memory in it and was thinking about that - but I
have 4 other identical units and all of them have the same mix - half of
one kind and half of another.  And no problems with those other 4 units.

Though now that I think of it, I could take half out of 2 of them to ensure
those 2 units have all the same type of RAM

As for BIOS upgrades - I have been unable to upgrade the BIOS in all 5
units and sadly I have no more support contract with Sun on these boxes so
i'm not sure what to do.