On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, John Thornton wrote:

> What bigotry are you referring to? If Israel is not a religious state then
> after WWII why not place a jewish state where the majority of jews already
> resided? In Europe. National borders were already being realigned so it
> would make sense. The place was chosen and the existing residence displaced
> because of religious reasons. The old man in the sky gave them this spot
> some time in the past. It is superstitious nonsence. If I had been alive at
> the time I would have pushed for a jewish state where the majority of jews
> already resided but I was not. I support the right of jews to live any
> place on the planet they wish and to do so free from any harrassment. I do
> not support their right to expropriate land from others because they "need"
> to live where an imaginary super being told them to.
>
> John Thornton

You are not paying attention to anything said here. Rosetti asks, where
were they? The Jews never completely left. There was always the connection
because it was a place where Jews could escape persecution in that Europe
you would want them to return to. Did you know they were kept in camps for
years after the Nazi Holocaust because their homes were gone in Europe.
There were no national borders where they could relocate where the same
kind of fake outcry you hear now from those who claim they relocated to a
land which was occupied. The census which was highly inaccurate counted
the same Arabs over and over again and disregarded Jews. That is a fact.
Jews were there. They didn't come back or go there in the first place
because of some revelation and in fact debated other places. It was found
that pre Israel was least occupied by anyone except Jews and inhospital by
virtue of the condition of the land to anyone but Jews willing to rebuild
it and rebuild they did until Arabs wanting to claim what was built by
Jews wanted to go there. But the real problem to Arabs is having Jews in
the middle of an Islamic region. This is contrary to Muhammadic tradition.
And to be beaten by them in war was they were told because they were not
Islamic enough so they became more fanatical.

And you are buying into it.

Hank

     -----
    / o o \