Alas, you have both missed the point I was trying to make.

If a broadcasting outfit is running perfectly happily and efficiently and
trouble-free on a Windows platform, and is able to be maintained by capable
staff who have only an elementary knowledge of Windows, then why change to
Linux?

I also consider that you have overstated the Windows deficiencies and
understated the drawbacks associated with implementing a Linux-based solution.
I am familiar with both platforms and simply can't buy your proposition that
Windows "takes just as much technical competence as running Linux does, if not
more".  Just not true in the numerous cases I have witnessed.

It is in my view also quite fallacious to assert that if there is no such
[Linux] person available to a broadcasting outfit, then "they probably don't
have a *truly competent* Windows Person available, either".  On what logic do
you base that?

Regardless of the advantages of Linux from an IT guru's point-of-view, there is
absolutely no point in "either learning it [Linux] or finding someone that
does", if (a) the budget simply can't stretch for it, and (b) things are
already going along perfectly with a Windows platform.

Windows remains the preferred platform for a vast majority of non-IT users
around the globe, because (a) you don't have to have an IT-proficient expert to
run it, and (b) managers and non-IT personnel can manage Windows without too
much difficulty.  And, if the outfit's happy with that, why change?  Change for
change's sake makes no sense to me.

In the end, what actually matters is not the computer-platform at all but the
quality and consistency of the audio you put out which listeners will judge the
station on.

James L.