hahahahaha, open office and libreoffice, I use them all the time!!! there are
lots of things that they do that ms office doesn't do.

________________________________
From: Nathan Steele <nathan.ste...@thecrossfm.com>
To: User discussion about the Rivendell Radio Automation System
<rivendell-dev@lists.rivendellaudio.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 6:16 AM
Subject: Re: [RDD] Windows and Rivendell

WE have a system like that here (wonder if they are the same....feel free to
mail me off list if you care to tell). It was in place before I got here, so I
know little about it, but then neither does the Chief. anything outside of the
norm requires a tech support call. It crashes all the time, in ways the techs
say "It can't do that".

Our new station has been running Rivendell for 4 months with no
    problems at all. the other system has crashed twice this month
    already, I just had to reboot it again 10 minutes ago......Howeveer
    the Jocks like it a lot when it works, and it cost a lot of money,
    so I'm sure they would not want rivendell installed, these are the
    same people that would not use open office on a pc, claiming it
    doesn't do what they need but not being able to say what it is it
    won't do (there are some things it won't do that MS Office will).
    They didn't even want to try. I finally was told to put MS Office on
    their machines....OK, whatever.

Personally I'd like to turn those green boxes into the worlds most
    expensive Rivendell system........

Nathaniel C. Steele
Assistant Chief Engineer/Technical Director
WTRM FM