On Thursday 23 January 2014 08:50:52 pm Jay Ashworth wrote:
> The *Compellor* does that?

> I had always heard that that was what the *Exciter* did; that was it's
> raison d'etre from introduction...

 You may be right. It's been a while.
 Looking at the Aphex site today, I can't find it, on either one.

 I'd gone to look it up once upon a time, when I'd heard
 that it did, in total disbelief.
 Who, in their right mind, would produce a piece of
 **professional** equipment that *deliberately* introduces
 harmonic distortion ?
 At the time, I was shocked to see it touted as a feature !

 Of course, in the strictest sense, all audio processing
 intentionally "distorts" what passes through it.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the
stupidity of your action.