From: andy.coop...@gmail.com
To:"WBHM Web Operations" , , "User discussion about the Rivendell
Radio Automation System"
Sent:Mon, 28 Apr 2014 15:07:26 +0000
Subject:Re: [RDD] NEW PLATFORM

 Larry,

 The problem with this list is useful information gets lost easily
with the passage of time. There are also people out there who would
like ti use Rivendell who are not developers, so quite a lot of the
stuff that gets posted here is not really relevant to them. If you're
running a busy radio station you just need software that works put of
the box. Althiugh things are better with Linux than they used to be, I
still think this is one of the things stopping a lot of users from
makingbthe switch from Windows.

 For me a forum for users would be more relevant than a list which
seems to be more for developers. I don't have the technical knowledge
to be involved in development, but would be happy to contribute my
experiences in using the software in a live FM radio environment.

 In short, I think there is plenty of space for both and I think it's
a little rude to put down the ideas of someone who wants to help build
on the community.

 Just my thoughts.

 Andy

 Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone