On Tuesday 22 September 2015 06:09:26 pm Nicholas Young wrote:
> I've had a awfully frustrating time getting my ASI 5211 card
> working on Linux.

 Why ?
 Rivendell recognizes that card itself.

> So, if I decide to go this route (which, being a Mac/Linux guy I'm finally
> at peace with), can I run Rivendell on Windows, or is that a fool's errand?

 I suppose you could re-write it, but as-is only a very few "management"
 components, like RDLibrary, have Windows executables.

 There are very good reasons the actual automation runs on Linux.
 All of them relate to windows limitations, and are just not worth
 yet another rehash, methinks.
 Nearly all of them are in the archives a couple of times.

 There was a port for Mac being worked on at some point.
 I'm not sure if that ever got off the ground.

--
Cowboy