On Wednesday 14 October 2015 02:17:03 am Rick Thomas wrote:
> I’m trying to install the Rivendell broadcast appliance on a machine with a
> set of 3TB disks that I plan to use as a RAID set for /var/snd.
>
> But whenever I tell the installer to use one of the 3TB disks as a “Raid
> Partition”, it creates a 2TB partition and 1TB of free space.  The free space
> can’t be used for anything — if I try to create a partition with it, I get
> error messages about “max address”.
>
> Anybody ever seen this?  If you have, how did you work around it?

 Not that specifically, but I did install CentOS-6 on a 3TB drive recently
using that same installer.
 It will do it just fine, but you have to do it as a custom, I forget what they
call it, when choosing
 the disk and partition.

 Also be aware that the CentOS boot loader ( grub ) can't work with disks 2G or
larger !!
 It will be necessary to create a much smaller ( say, 500MB ) boot partition to
work around
 the grub bugs.
 Grub will tell you it installed fine, but will otherwise never boot.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

"I like being single.  I'm always there when I need me."
                -- Art Leo