On Thursday 15 October 2015 10:21:54 am Rob Landry wrote:
> I found "classic" mode broken, so I went
> with MATE, which is a fork of Gnome 2. I like it a lot.

 'Twould seem that if the idea of a foreign ( not out of the box
 with the OS ) desktop environment is again in question,
 then it seems, since it's supposed to be an appliance more
 than less, that a minimalist approach would be in order, so
 I'd lean toward my personal favorite, FVWM.
 ( actually, TWM but that may be a tad too limited )

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

"A radioactive cat has eighteen half-lives."