On Wed, 14 Oct 2015, Frederick Gleason wrote:

No Rivendell 3 at the moment. There is a (presently somewhat stalled) BA3, for which I am currently evaluating alternative desktops (as I’ve come to the conclusion that GNOME 3 is a complete and utter basket case). I’ve been using it for a couple of months now as my default environment and it *doesn’t* get any better. Quite the opposite actually.

I enountered Gnome 3 with Debian 7 and found it usable only in "classic" mode. But when Debian 8 came out, I found "classic" mode broken, so I went with MATE, which is a fork of Gnome 2. I like it a lot.

Rob