On Monday 29 August 2016 04:32:58 pm David Klann wrote:
>  That is, maybe a
> "rivendell-server" package that would contain just the "headless"
> components, and maybe a "rivendell-client" package that contains the GUI
> components.
>
> Another option (and likely highly desirable) would be to mirror the
> current (reference) CentOS scheme

 Though I'm told there is one other already, the plan at "my place" is
 to do something very similar, "virtualizing" Rivendell pretty much
 throughout the plant.
 We're planning two servers ( for redundancy ) in the racks, and
 the five studios will be getting "client" installations for the operators,
 on Rasberry PI's.
 Should be quieter, less electrical load, we figure more reliable,
 and definitely less costly to maintain once built.

 Therefore, I'd keep a close eye on the main line CentOS, which is
 what it'll all be, before I ran off in a different direction.
 Just a thot...

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com