Hi Ivan,

This script run each day at a convenient time does the backup and housework

#! /bin/bash
#first erase old file from a week ago
ERASE='DatabaseBackup'$(date --date '7 days ago' +%h-%d-%y)
echo $ERASE
rm -f "/home/rd/dropbox/$ERASE.sql"
#now dump todays file
NOW='DatabaseBackup'$(date +%h-%d-%y)
echo $NOW
mysqldump -u root Rivendell --lock-tables=false >/home/rd/dropbox/$NOW.sql

# optional

/usr/bin/mail -s "backup completed" you@your.email || /usr/bin/mail -s "backup failed" you@your.email

regards

Robert