I will Look Into your suggestions and see if they work. We For purposes of security We will set this up on an production terminal. But We will see how wil this solution works.

On 2018-03-01 08:37, Jonathan Cohen wrote:
Hi All!

The radiotools.uk site is actually one of mine and that's how we do
remote voicetracking at First 105.1 FM in Oxford, UK. :-)

Basically you install the ALSA/Jack bridge and set Rivendell up to
talk to that. Then any ALSA application (VoIP, Chromium etc) can send
and receive audio to it. We no longer use VoIP but a website called
cleanfeed.net with Chromium installed as a web browser on the
Rivendell machine people will remote to. We also use Guacamole for
remote desktop access.

So all a remote presenter has to do is open Chrome, click two links
(one for the remote desktop in the browser and the other for the
Cleanfeed site for audio) and they're ready to go as if they were in
the studio. This also means there's no software for the remote user to
install (no need for VoIP, Teamviewer, VPN or RDP setup as we used to
have).

If there are any questions I'll try and answer them. :-)

Jonathan

Jonathan Cohen
Director - Broadcast Ltd, Oxford UK.
jonat...@readyformed.com