I have a client who is running RD 2.19.3 running on CentOS 7, installed according to the Paravel instructions. Most of his people are doing their shows from home via Comrex Access. They are VNC'ing in to the Rivendell system in the air studio to control rdairplay and doing their breaks live via the Comrex link.

Most of the time it works flawlessly, but once in a while the x11vnc server will either crash or freeze. When it happens, the current song will run out and they'll be silent for several minutes while they go looking for someone to VNC in and fix the problem.

This morning, x11vnc froze; I had to use kill -9 to kill it, and when I restarted it, the new process immediately froze. Only rebooting the system got it working -- not something I like doing when I'm an hour and a half away and there's no one at the station.

I have tried downloading the latest x11vnc code and compiling it manually; that hasn't helped. The logs don't offer any clues.

I know this isn't strictly a Rivendell problem, but I'm wondering if any of y'all have encountered it. Is there a better option than x11vnc? I suppose I could try vino.

Thanks,

Rob

--
Не думай что всё пропели,