OK, what about "Sounds and Audio Devices" ? Should that perhaps be "Sounds and Audio devices" to indicate two items?

No, it looks wrong (to me anyway). They're in effect titles/headings (of the group of settings they represent) which are capitalised this way.

For extra attention grabbing, perhaps they could have used the grocer's apostrophe too - "Network Connection's" ;-)

Now that one gets my back up too ; ) (never heard it called 'grocer's apostrophe' before, but it's spot on).

Either way, consistency is the more important thing, IMHO. The rules should be written down - e.g.: use title case for menus,.but sentence case for everything else?

Wrt to Rockbox, agreed.
--
gl