XavierGr wrote:

IMHO it would be horrendous and impractical (not to mention subjective) to choose a casing for each string depending on its context.
What's so impractical and horrendous about "If it's the name of a setting, such as that it will show as the title of a screen or an entry in the menu, it is in title case, otherwise it is in sentence case."

Look at most menus in software, in English, as I've mentioned. They are in title case. This is more or less common practice in computing, as Dave Chapman has mentioned. I think even if we are going "UK English" it's more a practice than a dialect-specific issue. UK English may rarely or never use title case, but it is used in computing, even in the UK, because the majority of applications they use apparently use US English.

I think that both in terms of readability, and in terms of user expectation, title case is appropriate for the names of menu options. As well, in the case of Rockbox menu options, they are (or can be used as) proper nouns. If I mention Playback Settings it's extremely clear I'm referring to the menu entry, and not just some general cloud of options that relate to playback.