On 06.03.2009 11:29, pondlife wrote:
Given the usefulness of a no-action button, which I think is entirely reasonable (once you've been used to it), then the patch needs a config option anyway IMHO.

In this discussion I have to agree with Paul Louden that the key binding and the possibility of key configuration are two different subjects.

As of now, the REC button is bound to no function but it effectively means that it is bound to the function "turn the light on". The question is whether we want to bind it to "Insert". I certainly would not object since I turn the backlight on by slightly changing volume anyway :-)

Configurability of key bindings is another topic and should be discussed in its entirety. I.e. if we decide that it should be possible then it should be possible for all buttons.