Dominik Riebeling wrote:

James Bond is also a special case. As on the GoldenQuotes wiki page:

<LinusN> Llorean: he is not named 007 to be sorted in a specific order
<LinusN> it's because he has a license to kill

Pretty much says all :)

So, if they're both special cases, which is more common? People who might have 007 movies or l337-speak filenames or might prefix a 0 to a number to get it first (which is a concept even many of my non-technical friends have been trained to expect to work just because of ASCII sort in enough things, so they'll thrown on a zero and IF that doesn't work try something else, but the file rename in Rockbox is something we shouldn't expect people to be willing to use multiple times per file), or people who create mix folders on their PC that just happen to be in right-enough order that they don't have to rename their occasional mixed numbered filename?