Antony Stone wrote:

Is the problem with "yet another setting" the storage space required to remember it, or the menu complexity required to provide access to it?
The memory involved should be trivial compared to any code implementing the new feature. "Settings bloat" generally refers to the case of the Rockbox menus becoming a hassle to navigate, or ever more overwhelming for the new user.

I think though that this feature should have its own setting. It's navigational, and shouldn't be associated with the track skip beep. They're simply two very different notifications, they just happen to both beep as their means of notifying you. That being said, I'm not really sure I understand why an end-of-list beep is necessary. If you're looking at the screen, it obviously isn't. If you're managing blind and using voice, you'll hear the start of the voice entry for the last thing in the list at the same time you would hear a beep if it were enabled.

Given that you navigate lists to get to a specific option, if you're scrolling you'll need to listen to the voiced entries anyway to find the option you want. When do you need to know you're at the bottom, without needing to know what any of the list entries are, including the last one?

As a note: when navigating with voice, can't you already tell you're on the last entry by holding "down" until it stops changing entries? Since moving to the next entry should interrupt the voicing, as soon as it stops cutting off voicing and starts to read the whole entry, you'll know you're at the last one.

What exactly is the intended purpose of this feature?