alex wallis wrote:

but if I understand your idea right, this would mean a user then has two things to alter if they want to change both pitch and speedh. I like having the flexibility of the three settings of just pitch, pitch and speed together and just speed. Removing one would create more work for a user if they want to change them together.

How often do you want to increase the pitch exactly the same amount as the speed increase, so that the pitch is 30% higher AND the runtime of the file is 30% shorter? It's only for these very specific cases that there would be more for the user to do.
Well actually, I use the option of being able to change both at the same time quite a bit when listening to music. Some times I just change the pitch without speed, though this is less frequent, but I do use all three modes. I just feel having all three modes gives a maximum level of flexibility to a user.