On 17.11.2010 13:33, Jeff Goode wrote:
On 11/17/2010 02:48, Paul Louden wrote:
On 11/17/2010 1:38 AM, Marcin Bukat wrote:
3) the default action on .m3u files should be to open it in the viewer
I *always* use m3u files to play whole album in order. It is stored in
the same dir as the files. Such change would break this badly.

wodz
Why do you need an m3u file to play a single folder?

As well, how would this "break" anything. You'd need to press select on the m3u twice instead of once (once to open it in viewer, and once to select the first song).

I was going to have the same objection as Marcin, but one extra keypress for a bunch more functionality isn't a big deal.

It could open the playlist in the viewer and start to play it at the same time (if there isn't already another playlist playing), so it'll still one press to play. That sounds appealing to me.

BTW, I often use a m3u to custom-order an album in a single folder. It's much cleaner than renumbering the tracks.

Marcin uses them to play the album in order, which is completely equivalent to selecting the first file (assuming the files are named correctly).

Best regards.