Today I decided I was going to finally remove those annoying spaces and
new lines from the text client when somebody puts  a long word like a url
in a message.
  So far I've found out that the message is already mangles beyond
reversion (is that a word) by the time it gets to the message output
formatter.
  so rather than spend a LOT of time hunting down the location, can
somebody give me a clue where the function that mangles the message upon
storage is likely to be, and if you want me to lay off and not screw with
it so that I don't break soemthing else, lemme know.