+1 for Ged.

Le 21/07/2011 18:51, Ged Murphy a écrit :
I'm all for deleting rbuild now and dealing with the consequences.
That would be better than the current situation, which seems rather
ridiculous at the moment.

Right now if you change something, you have to :
- edit the cmakefiles.txt file
- edit the rbuild file
- possibly edit a pspec and spec file
- build with rbuild to check for breakages
- build with cmake to check for breakages

Only then can you commit your changes.
It's not ideal for the people working on this stuff regularly.

Ged.

-----Original Message-----
From: ros-dev-boun...@reactos.org [mailto:ros-dev-boun...@reactos.org] On
Behalf Of Timo Kreuzer
Sent: 21 July 2011 17:39
To: ReactOS Development List
Subject: [ros-dev] cmake rant

Hi,

Several times now cmake build has been broken. Time for some action!

Last meeting I asked everyone to test/use cmake. It was also mentioned that
if questions arise, we (Amine and me) would be happy to help out. I can't
remember anyone has asked how it works, so I assume noone had any problems.
There's also a pretty good wiki entry describing the whole procedure for
n00bs.

Now people tell me it's complicated, people are complaining that its
ridiculous to have 2 build systems, etc.
And probably noone has ever tried it.

We really need to move on.
I don't like having 2 build systems as well.

Current blocker is the debugging which has some issues, Arty is working on
that. Another problem is a boot problem on real hardware, but no I don't
know on which configuration it doesn't work, so we need more people testing
it on their real hardware setup and report any issues.

Here's a list with current issues:
http://www.reactos.org/wiki/CMake_Todo

So please:
If you are missing something, let us know.
If you like to make it better, make suggestions.
But stop ignoring cmake!

If noone cares and everyone just thinks he can give a s^Z damn until we
officially switch, then we can as well delete all cmake stuff and keep
rbuild. It has a lot of awesome advantages, like you only have to type one
command to build everything and you don't need to install cmake and you can
export whatever you want from kernel32 even if the functions don't exist.
Also you can enjoy the rbuild-loop again and again.

Or we can do it the hard way and delete rbuild, so people are forced to use
cmake. I'm sure this approach would be *really* appreaciated.

Thanks,
Timo