Am 16.03.2017 um 00:03 schrieb Huw Campbell:
> SMP or 64 bit processor support would be great. Too hard?

I think that's too much for a single GSoC student. But we also keep
saying this for a long time... The result is that everybody is afraid of
those "big topics".

What we need is some kernel dev looking into these topics and giving a
rough overview what needs to be done and in what places. Then we can
have a roadmap and split the work up into smaller tasks that are even
doable by GSoC students.

If nobody makes this first step, we will never have SMP or x64 CPU
support. People also kept saying that full printer support is too much
for a 6-month bachelor thesis, and they were right, but nevertheless I
was able to build the foundations and documentation in that time.
And now I could guide everyone interested how to continue on achieving
full printing support.

- Colin