Am 20.03.2017 um 09:44 schrieb Kamil Hornicek:
> few other people asked me, but Jerome did it right. Mesa code base is
> rather big and llvm is not small either. Integrating it in our building
> process and keeping it in sync would require huge amount of effort. It
> would also increase both the ISOs and the build time.

I'm seeing more and more people afraid of adding anything "big" to our
tree. But this is just natural for a project that aims to become a fully
fledged operating system!

The worst thing would be an OS that can be quickly compiled from scratch
and then needs lots of binary blobs to be useful. Even worse, those
binary blobs could hardly be verified and patched.
Don't forget we already had that with our schannel.dll implementation
that depended on an external GnuTLS binary. Fortunately, this is fixed
by now and ReactOS supports TLS out of the box.
I would like to see the same for a Mesa/Gallium/llvmpipe stack.
Having one somewhere hidden in RAPPS, but not in an out of the box
ReactOS installation from the ReactOS giveaway CDs would be very
disappointing...

I also understand the group though who wants the default ReactOS build
to be lightweight. So maybe Mesa/Gallium/llvmpipe could become part of
another module which is added through our "modules" subdirectory.
Our current SVN setup with just one ReactOS repository does not really
encourage adding new modules. Another reason for a move to Git where
everybody could easily put his big module into an own repository :)

Cheers,

Colin