greetings

First and foremost as I have just read (this time the full) 'authors' and story
page and can only say THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU to the Rosegarden team; I mean the
strife, the endless hours through lonely nights mostly between day jobs, the
thanklessness, you name it. My attitude has always been humble and grateful but
it just got upgraded quite a bit. I've only done very rudimentary Perl
programming a long long time ago but I can imagine. So that's the first ethical
issue, my 2 cents says that that page should be the "I have read it all"
checkbox-page leading to a download.

I have used Rosegarden to produce (read hack and cannibalize) about 4 songs on
guitar which I took up as a way to head off brain-rot with my advancing age. I
have about 500 lifetime fav songs of which maybe 40 are guitar candidates. With
the help of Rosegarden I have already done most of the 40 backing tracks with
temporary stand-in digital leads of one sort or another. But given the past
completion-rate I will likely run out of time to do all the remaining 36, I
figure if I get to a total of 10 I should be lucky. The guitar 'covers' I think
pose no ethical issues, here's the last one that took me a year just like the
one before it:

 https://tinyurl.com/y4cyeb6x

But what about the rest of them which are provisionally entirely digital
'covers'? Does that concept exist at all? Can I load them up on the tube as
digital covers pending some future guitar overlay? Doing music is as much work
as coding and I wouldn't wanna screw any copyright musician out of deserved
dues. I have learned *a LOT* just from tinkering around with Rosegarden, this
digital jobbie for instance has some twists in the bass handling (don't know if
anyone will catch it) and I think it's a splashy sounding nice rework of the
french original so I'd like to share it but without stepping on toes:

 https://tinyurl.com/yxocsu4e
 https://preview.tinyurl.com/yxocsu4e

Tnaks in advance for all pro/con ideas