All our musical contributions are necessqary on youtube etc.
Everything helps to keep the music alive, including yours.
Keep going.

On 2020-08-08 19:25, krsg...@trixtar.org wrote:
greetings

First and foremost as I have just read (this time the full) 'authors'
and story page and can only say THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU to the Rosegarden
team; I mean the strife, the endless hours through lonely nights
mostly between day jobs, the thanklessness, you name it. My attitude
has always been humble and grateful but it just got upgraded quite a
bit. I've only done very rudimentary Perl programming a long long time
ago but I can imagine. So that's the first ethical issue, my 2 cents
says that that page should be the "I have read it all" checkbox-page
leading to a download.

I have used Rosegarden to produce (read hack and cannibalize) about 4
songs on guitar which I took up as a way to head off brain-rot with my
advancing age. I have about 500 lifetime fav songs of which maybe 40
are guitar candidates. With the help of Rosegarden I have already done
most of the 40 backing tracks with temporary stand-in digital leads of
one sort or another. But given the past completion-rate I will likely
run out of time to do all the remaining 36, I figure if I get to a
total of 10 I should be lucky. The guitar 'covers' I think pose no
ethical issues, here's the last one that took me a year just like the
one before it:

 https://tinyurl.com/y4cyeb6x

But what about the rest of them which are provisionally entirely
digital 'covers'? Does that concept exist at all? Can I load them up
on the tube as digital covers pending some future guitar overlay?
Doing music is as much work as coding and I wouldn't wanna screw any
copyright musician out of deserved dues. I have learned *a LOT* just
from tinkering around with Rosegarden, this digital jobbie for
instance has some twists in the bass handling (don't know if anyone
will catch it) and I think it's a splashy sounding nice rework of the
french original so I'd like to share it but without stepping on toes:

 https://tinyurl.com/yxocsu4e
 https://preview.tinyurl.com/yxocsu4e

Tnaks in advance for all pro/con ideas