On Saturday, June 11, 2022 01:17:39 PM mark_at_yahoo via Rosegarden-user
wrote:
> On 6/11/22 9:39 AM, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
> > It seems today videos are very popular, but I wonder if they can really
> > help people get started? Would a short written 'how to make sound with
> > Rosegarden' be better (also it could be updated versus a video which
> > might become obsolete)
>
> Totally agree. I watch a lot of instructional videos and 90% of the time
> end up going "I just wasted 20 minutes extracting 15 seconds of useful
> information that could have been provided in a single paragraph of text."

+1

> On the other hand, millenials won't look at anything except video memes
> with flashy editing effects and snarky, post-ironic humor, so it depends
> on who you're trying to target. ;)

I think, shall I say "properly educated" millennials would find that they can
profit faster from good text with a few pictures / sketches.

To expand on someone's old saying:

A picture or sketch is worth a thousand words, but divide that by 10 for each
minute of video ;-)

Sometimes a very short video can be helpful, but I mean a snippet of from
maybe 15 to 60 seconds, introduced on the (web)page with some explanatory text
and then just showing the thing that really can benefit from a video.