On 12/06/2022 01:53, krsg...@trixtar.org wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jun 2022 14:31:36 -0400
rhkra...@gmail.com wrote:

A picture or sketch is worth a thousand words, but divide that by 10 for each
minute of video ;-)

I love this one! Can I plagiarize it?

90% of the videos are poor resolution, often done by people who think that the
eyes of the world are on youtube and that sucking your teeth makes good
diction. Plus, frankly, the ground to cover is way beyond the texto/video croud
bandwidth. I'm all for good printable docs but things are changing so fast that
it has to be dynamic, somehow.

Lots of interesting input there and in the previous email.s

Not that I think Rosegarden should do any 'marketing' but maybe a short (max 60 seconds?) video demoing the fact that 'rosegarden can make sound' and then some written tutorial including a link to 'Start making noise with Rosegarden' written intro. In general I think videos might work to get people curious into trying a software etc.

As in my initial email I think that a written tutorial has the advantage of being easily update-able, possibly by multiple authors.

I think having yoshimi as an addition to fluidsynth would be nice not only because I have personal liking for yoshimi, but also because (like Rosegarden), yoshimi is linux-only...

Ideally this would be a not-too-long tutorial pointing to more detailed parts of the documentation in the Wiki.

Now I know that it needs fluidsynth and that to use fluidsynh "I" need qsynth.

Not necessarily for instance I have a general terminal script which will load a soundfont. From that I derived a bunch of scripts which load soundfonts I use more frequently.

What I get stuck on these days is more likely to be qjackctl 'connections'
which presume that users know how to connect equivalent midi hardware.

Yes, the transposition of wired connections to an all digital (in the computer) is probably the most challenging concept especially for people coming from other systems where all audio software is monolithic and where even 'plug-ins' are within this kind of monolithic environment.

Lorenzo