On Sat, 11 Jun 2022 14:31:36 -0400
rhkra...@gmail.com wrote:

> A picture or sketch is worth a thousand words, but divide that by 10 for each
> minute of video ;-)

I love this one! Can I plagiarize it?

90% of the videos are poor resolution, often done by people who think that the
eyes of the world are on youtube and that sucking your teeth makes good
diction. Plus, frankly, the ground to cover is way beyond the texto/video croud
bandwidth. I'm all for good printable docs but things are changing so fast that
it has to be dynamic, somehow.

If I might add another generalization, it's that we are often confronted with
skillfully erected tutorials that explain how to land on mars whereas we first
need to know how to reach escape velocity in earth orbit. For a long time I
kept getting thrown by the idea that rosegarden never could make a sound on its
own. Now I know that it needs fluidsynth and that to use fluidsynh "I" need
qsynth. What I get stuck on these days is more likely to be qjackctl
'connections' which presume that users know how to connect equivalent midi
hardware. Well, wrong again, I don't have much hardware either except my
computer and a soundcard and have never seen how a midi RealDevice gets
connected to anything.

'nuff rant, cheers!

--
https://i.imgur.com/zbyIOzT.png