On 3/4/11 7:16 AM, devzero2000 wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 2:15 PM, devzero2000 <pinto.e...@gmail.com
> <mailto:pinto.e...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Just for security can you download foo{1,2,4}.c and compile.sh from
>
> https://github.com/yersinia/junkcode/tree/master/rpm/rpm5/understandingdsochangeFC13
>
>     and execute compile.sh ? I have problem to upgrade  lucid to maverick now
> .
>
> Typo.  download foo{1,2,3}.c and compile.sh

+ gcc -g -fPIC -c foo1.c foo2.c foo3.c
+ gcc -shared -o foo3.so foo3.o
+ gcc -shared -o foo2.so foo2.o foo3.so
+ gcc -o foo1 foo1.o foo2.so -Wl,--rpath-link=.
/usr/bin/ld: foo1.o: undefined reference to symbol 'foo'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'foo' is defined in DSO ./foo3.so so try adding it to the
linker command line
./foo3.so: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

That is FC13.. So it appears that it does have at least the Fedora version of
the "as-needed".  I'll try to get the person who reported the problem to me on
Ubuntu to try the same test and see what result he gets.

--Mark